Valentine's Day has been around since we can remember. When you were a kid you converted a shoebox to your card holder, and dispersed handmade valentines to the whole class. Now you're either celebrating with a group of friends, your other half or enjoying it solo. Here are some ideas of how to celebrate the day of love YOUR way!
1 - Not into the romcom/romance genre? Host a slasher fest at your apt!
2 - Feeling adventurous? Make a short (less than 5) bucket list and do them all in 1 day, i.e. kiss a stranger, dance in the street (watch for traffic :), be a part of a flashmob, do a photoshoot, etc.
3 - Host a Valentine's speed dating party
4 - Do a pamper yourself spa day
5 - Grab some adult color books, your favorite people or person and vege out with some creativity and crayons
6 - Organize a progressive dinner at everyone's apartments or out on the town (appetizers at one spot, dinner at the next, dessert at the 3rd, etc.) The amount of meals are up to you. Just make sure you move locations with each course
7 - Drop Valentine's Day presents off to all of your friends and family the whole day showing love in with a hug, smile, chocolate, a teddy bear, flowers, etc
Sizzle, Pop, Fizz! You clinked glasses with friends, counted down while the ball dropped at midnight, wore your party hat, blew your new year's horn, ate the black eyed peas and greens for good luck.... Now What?
It's time to decide what you're doing with the next 365 days! Take a look below for ideas on how to kick off a fantastic year full of awesomeness!
1 - make a bucketlist
2 - schedule family time through out the year and not just the holidays
Winter break is just around the corner, but not before finals are over. Before you head home for break, here are a few ways to destress during finals!
· Schedule- Schedule your study time, and schedule break time, too! For every hour to an hour and a half of studying, schedule a 10 minute break. But set an alarm so you don’t end up on a Wikifari for several hours.
· Sleep- All-nighters may seem great for studying, but make sure you get some rest. Schedule naps for 20 minutes, so you have an easier time waking up.
· Fitness- Hit the gym or check out these free YouTube videos you can do from your apartment. http://greatist.com/move/best-free-workout-videos-youtube
· Music- Create a playlist to get you motivated, or listen to it in the background.
· Organize your space- Make sure your study space is organized, as well as your study material! Post-its, highlighters and desk organizers are a great way to keep you on track.
· Stay hydrated- Make sure you are drinking plenty of water to counteract all that caffeine you will be consuming!
· Massage- Check with your school to see if they’re offering massage clinics on campus.
· Color- Coloring books and markers are a great way to relax and get your mind off studying. Use them during one of your 10 minute breaks!
Good luck with finals! We can’t wait to see you after winter break!